Monday, June 8, 2015

I'm back! - And Birthday Themed Tot School

I know, its been like twenty-seven forevers since I have posted.  Between adjusting to having two little ones, selling our house, living with in-laws for 4 months while renovating a house, and trying to get settled, something just had to give.  I thought maybe I needed to hang up the blogging for good.

But I had been thinking about starting some Tot School activities with my son who just turned one, so I came back and started scrolling through the blog.  I LOVE being able to look back at all the developmental strides Sophie took.  It was like a scrapbook or a journal depicting our days together and the learning that she is doing each and every moment.  And it made me a little sad that I have missed out on having this past year documented like that.  So....I'm going to try to blog about our learning experiences.  Even if no one but me ever reads it, it is something I want to try to have for my family and myself.

Quick catch up on my little ones.


Sophie just turned three.  She is a fun-loving, dancing, singing, princess and playdoh obsessed little lady.  She has a giggle that can melt my heart and acts way older than a three year old.  She is learning in leaps and bounds and makes me worry about keeping up with her!

Miles is 14 months old.  He is the sweetest, most loving little boy ever.  He hasn't met a food he doesn't like.  He's just started walking, loves playing ball, dancing to his sister's music, and trying to imitate anything Sophie does.  He is a momma's boy through and through, and is curious about the world (a kind way of saying "into everything!").

Birthday Theme Tot School Activities

In honor of Sophie's birthday a few weeks ago, we did a week full of birthday themed activities.  She absolutely loved having a week all about her birthday!  

We made a birthday banner to hang for her party.  I wrote her name in pencil and she painted over the lines with a paint brush.  We had done this a few weeks earlier for Daddy's birthday and she totally surprised me with her ability to trace with a paintbrush (she had shown no interest in tracing with a marker before). But she loved it and was so proud to show it off!


I made a cupcake upper/lowercase letter matching game which we called "Cupcake Shop".  She loved pretending that I was ordering letter cupcakes and she had to put the correct icing on the cupcakes.  


I also made a number recognition printable, which will be shared soon at The Activity Mom, which invoved putting the correct number of candles on the cupcake.  She loved singing "Happy Birthday to Sophie" and blowing out the candles after each number card.


She also really enjoyed putting do-a-dot "sprinkles" on a cupcake coloring page.  


We did several birthday themed printables from Homeschool Creations and 1+1+1=1 as well.  Sophie really took to the tracing pages this time.  Her favorite by far, though, was the Find the Birthday Cake game from Homeschool Creations.


Happy Third Birthday, Sophie!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back!!!! Thanks for the fun birthday ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are adorable dear. I just love doing fun with family and that is why this time I have decided to celebrate my daughter’s birthday at party venues in Houston with my family only. As It will be a family party so I just hope every member will like my arrangements.

    ReplyDelete